Jul 6, 2016
Insulators apply, remove and repair thermal and acoustical insulation using an array of insulation materials on all types of mechanical equipment, such as air-handling, heating, cooling and refrigeration systems, piping equipment and buildings to prevent or reduce the passage of heat, cold, sound or fire.
Heat and frost insulators’ duties may include the following:
- reading and interpreting specifications and selecting appropriate insulation
- measuring, cutting, applying and securing insulating material
- installing vapour barriers
- applying waterproofing cement over insulating materials
- removing insulation from buildings
Heat and frost insulators work mainly in industrial, commercial and institutional construction.
Represented by the following CBTU affiliates: