Jul 8, 2016
Elevator constructors assemble, install, maintain and repair freight and passenger elevators, escalators, moving walkways and related equipment.
These tradespeople typically:
- assemble elevator cars and connect car frames to counterweights
- install and wire electrical and electronic control systems
- install, test and adjust safety devices
- troubleshoot systems and repair or replace worn parts
- perform preventative maintenance
Elevator constructors and mechanics work on residential, commercial and industrial construction projects.
Represented by the following CBTU affiliates: