Jul 8, 2016
Tile setters cover interior and exterior walls, floors and ceilings with ceramic, marble and quarry tiles, mosaics or terrazzo. Tile setters may create murals and decorative designs; cut, polish and install marble, granite and other stone; and remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles.
Tile setters typically:
- estimate material requirements and costs
- prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- mix, apply and spread cement or other adhesive
- cut, fit, align and straighten tiles
- apply grout or plaster between tiles
Tile setters are employed on residential, commercial and institutional construction projects.
Represented by the following CBTU affiliates: