Jul 8, 2016
Drywall finishers apply, finish, maintain and restore drywall, plaster or similar materials, on interior and exterior walls, ceilings, and building partitions to produce plain or decorative surfaces.
These tradespeople typically:
- read and interpret blueprints
- verify and organize materials
- prepare metal drywall frames and set panels into the framework
- cut, join and tape drywall panels
- sand drywall seams and/or apply textured surfaces
- apply insulation, vapour barriers and baffles
Drywall finishers are employed on residential, commercial and industrial construction projects.
Represented by the following CBTU affiliates: