BCTD’s work is focused on three critical areas: Legislative and Governmental Affairs, Field Services, and Labor-Management Relations.
The Governing Board of President and Officers leads the organization with policy support from seven standing committees:
- Canadian Executive Board
- General Presidents’ Committee on Contract Maintenance
- Legislative Task Force Committee
- Labor-Management Committee
- National Organizing Committee
- Apprenticeship and Training
- Women in the Trades Committee
The organization’s policies are carried out by staff in the international office and through the efforts of 386 state, local and provincial councils in the United States and Canada.